What can be better, than sharing the journey.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Malka Dubrawsky's book Fresh Quilting. Quilting the flowers went fairly quickly. Having the binding done before hand made finishing the quilt go smoothly. The only glitch came as I checked the quilt over I found two large t-pins inside the quilt. Since I do not use these normally and the only time I did was when it was laid out on the deck they have been floating around though the whole process. I had to make small holes in the backing to get them out, to cover the holes I appliqued a butterfly over them. I washed the quilt and it is ready for use.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
I was unsure how to quilt the flowers but decided to keep with geometric echoing and it works well. I have also changed to a yellow thread, it seems to work well with all the fabrics. The bottom is still brown,. So far my machine is okay with this, as the tension tends to pull the darker thread up to the top. Now just 20 or so more flowers to go. The end is on sight.