What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

School Spirt Banners

Here are the completed wall hangings for my sister's band booster silent auction. There are also matching magnetic calendar holders for each school. I always wash and dry my quilts after they are done. This gets rid of all the chemical they put in the fabric. I do not usually was before I sew. I used a product by Shout that is supposed to catch the colors that wash out this time. I have not used it before but did not want to take a chance after all my work. It seems to have done its job as they is no bleeding though. The Shout sheets have a pink tint to them now.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

School Logo

I have been working on a project for my sister. This is a wall hanging of her son's school's logo.
It was a bit of a challenge but it seems to have turned out okay. I tried several techniques before I settled on this one. I printed the logo in reverse on a plain sheet of paper, traced the design on wonderunder and it out in three sections. The outlines lost their shape and were tricky to sew down so I cut them as a whole piece and added white, black and red fabric on top as needed. The lettering was so complicated that in the end they are machine embroidered.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quilt entry

I am entering one of my quilt in Quilting Gallery weekly contest. This week the theme is triangles. The quilt I entered is one I made for my Nephew Tyler. It was a lot of work so I hope he still likes it. It is very simple and I am not sure if there is a name for the pattern. It starts with an equilateral triangle divided into 3 fractions. I used and an Accucut die to cut the pieces. That made quick work and accurate pieces. I became very good at Y seams. The hardest part was working with all the bulk in the center seams of the stars.