What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Cord Organizer



 
Do you hate tangled cords?  Every device has at least one to manage.  We are living out of suitcases at the moment so they have no place but the dining table to keep them.  I did not bring enough bands to tame them.  Thinking about what to use, I have some plastic I had cut out of a milk carton and with a few more cuts came up with a self securing device.  It took a couple of tries to get dimensions right but the plastic will stay on the wire and secure when you need it and with a flip open up for use.



 I cut the flat side of the milk carton into 1.5 inch strips 7-8 inch long.

On one end cut two strips  parallel to the length about ¼ inch from the end 1 inch long.  2.5 inches from the same end cut a .5 inch strip horizontal.  On the other end of the strip ¼ from the end cut a V pointing toward center.  

 
Thread the cord through the parallel cuts, bungle the cord and wrap the plastic strip around the bundle and push the V into the horizontal cut.






Once you get the idea if you find my dimensions are not right for you adjust as needed.  I think that any sturdy flexible material could be used so use your imagination. 

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! I have to make A LOT of cord organizers! haha!
    Have a great day (I think in US is day, right?)

    ReplyDelete